Skip to main content

SAFE!


Though it may look long and boring but I challenge you to read and open your mind as I did. You may not ask “How can I be saved?” now but eventually you will and our life manual or the bible answers this question.

This is the culmination of what I learned so far in church and books that I read.

“Can good works alone save me?” No. Read on if you disagree.

We do good works to glorify God as stated in

Mathew 5:16In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven

Good works alone cannot save us.

James 2:8-11If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself ‘, you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. For whoever keeps the whole law and stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said ‘You shall not commit adultery’, also said ‘You shall not murder’. If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have became a lawbreaker”

In short, if there are ten rules to follow and you only obeyed nine then that is equivalent to breaking all ten. Wow that is strict! As far as I know everyone has sinned (except Jesus and new born babies). After reading that it made me think; how then can we be saved?

The bible tells us in

Acts 2:38Peter replied, Repent and be baptized, every one of you,
in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit”.

What is the importance of baptism you might ask? Well the bible answers this in

John 3:3-5 “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. ‘How can someone be born when they are old? Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and Spirit”.
You might wonder where baptism comes in that passage or how it even relates to baptism. It only mentions the word “born again”. Read on dear friends.

Romans 6:3-4 “Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life”.

Or to be “born again”.

Lastly

Galatians 3:26-29 “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise”.

Some of the promises of God are eternal life and salvation.

Well that is all for now, Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm joining the bandwagon!

Image taken from web Yesterday, after reading Day 32 of the "Purpose Driven Life"; yup I read PDL, don't be hatin (" ,); I decided to create a blog to voice out what I feel, think and to somehow do my part in sharing the word of God like what others have done to me. It said in the book to "use your abilities and talents to serve", so as a web developer/programmer I thought about using the web as a tool for sharing. Kudos to Romina Puno and Emilaine Balatibat for also inspiring me to create a blog! Let the fun begin!

A world of kindness

Last year pastor Resty Calma of the Church of Christ talked about compassion, what is compassion anyway? The parable of the good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37) tells us, among other things, what compassion is. Wikipedia defines compassion as "Compassion is a virtue — one in which the emotional capacities of empathy and sympathy (for the suffering of others) are regarded as a part of love itself, and a cornerstone of greater social interconnection and humanism — foundational to the highest principles in philosophy, society, and personhood ." Imagine a world where everyone is thinking of somebody else's welfare, where people would consider what repercussions their actions will bring, where people think before doing. Sounds surreal? Well maybe, but we can start with ourselves so that compassion will emanate from us and inspire other people to do the same. How can we be compassionate? Well, the simple act of throwing our trash/garbage properly is a start, I know you k

Saving for the future

We all know how important it is to save for our future and it is never too late to save. When I got my first paycheck from my first job I bought anything that I can afford and saving nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm no millionaire, I'm just an average Joe earning an average "doe". That cycle continued on for quite sometime, until I realized that I'm not getting any younger and still I have nothing for the future. Good thing our office held a free seminar regarding money management and my office mates told me about Bo Sanchez, you can Google him if you want. Now I want to share what I have learned from him regarding money management. This may not apply to all but this is the general idea. Savings is   NOT SALARY - EXPENSES = SAVINGS;   IT SHOULD BE   SALARY - SAVINGS = EXPENSES .  This means that once we receive our salary we should immediately deduct our savings from our salary and live off the remaining money. "How much savings should be cut o